Client data, processed by this practice, is held under the rules laid down by the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and its attendant updates, including those that came into force in May 2018 (General Data Protection Regulation). This legislation protects your privacy and ensures that your personal information is held both fairly and lawfully.
Our commitment to our clients:
The practice is committed to ensuring that we comply with not only the letter of the law, as laid down in the DPA, but also with the spirit of that legislation. Only information required by us to ensure the health and wellbeing of your animals will be processed and retained and, only then, for as long as absolutely necessary. None of the information held by us will be sold, given or otherwise shared with anyone not directly involved with the wellbeing of your animal without your prior consent, unless it is in response to a lawful request by a legally empowered body. You have a legal right to request to see your personal data held by the practice at any time. We are obliged to respond to your request as soon as it is reasonable and we will endeavour to do so within two working days.
How do we collect your personal data?
- When you register with our practice, you will be asked for your preferred contact details
What personal data may be kept?
- Name & address
- Telephone/mobile number, e-mail or other contact preferences.
- Appointment records.
- Correspondence about your animals with other healthcare professionals.
- Telephone calls to the practice
Why we hold data about you, and what do we do with it?
- To ensure that our clinicians can reach you quickly in an emergency.
- To send information about the services we offer to maintain your animal’s health. e.g vaccination reminder cards
- To reach out to you if we consider that there is a threat your animal’s wellbeing.
- To help provide the healthcare that you would expect of us. e.g. to submit samples to diagnostic laboratories or to arrange referrals of complicated cases to specialists.
- To improve our service to you and for staff training
All practice data is processed and held by us in a secure manner and regular audits are undertaken to ensure confidentiality. Please contact the practice administrator if you have any questions about our practices Data Protection Policy.